What is a tooth implant?
Dental implants are a permanent solution to natural looking teeth. It involves a titanium screw that replaces a single or multiple rooted tooth. The implant is surgically inserted into the jawbone and, as the mouth heals, the bone and the implant begin to fuse together (usually over a 4-6 month period). Once healing is complete, the implant crown is then constructed and attached to the implant by a screw or permanent cement. There are three different types of implants:
- Single Implants – Replace Single teeth
- Multiple Implants – Replace Multiple teeth
- Full Arch Implants – Replace all upper or lower teeth
Benefits of Dental Implants:
Losing a tooth or teeth can impede serious changes within the mouth, such as:
- Improved appearance
- Looks and feels like your own tooth
- Significantly stronger than bridges or dentures
- Replacing a single tooth can be done without sacrificing the health of adjacent teeth unlike a cemented bridge that requires adjacent natural teeth to be ground down to support it.
- Because a dental implant replaces the root, it will preserve the surrounding bone. With a bridge, the bone that previously surrounded the tooth begins to deteriorate.
- Incapability for teeth to perform natural functions
- Alter speaking and dietary habits
- Place strain on remaining teeth, resulting in permanent damage
- Weaken the jawbone
- A smile which is aesthetically lacking
Consider implants to prevent further deterioration and future health risks. Recapture your hidden smile with All Day Everyday Dental and get looking natural again! Contact our dentists today!
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.